Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013

Some finished Miniatures and a WIP

And hallo again!
This time it's some finished miniatures. The first one is the bust, I already showed you WIP pics off. I'm really satisfied with the overall look. Here and there it the blending could be better. I'm not sure what to think about the slime on the worms. I do like the whole mouth area and the eyes. The third eye was supposed to draw focus with it's bright green colour and it's three pupils. I tried some texture on the cloak. The blood in the wounds is okay, but I'm not sure what to think of the blood that drips out of them and runs down. I for myself like the nipples. What I really do not like is that I didn't prepare the mini well enough, meaning I didn't fix all the bubbles. I didn't see them before priming and afterwards I was too lazy...but I'm still satisfied with the bust. First some photos and then a link to some more photos:

Next is he bathtub Maulg, there will be an step by step or more an experience report on the water in the bathtub. I started the miniature 2009 on a Matt Cexwish and Ben Komets Workshop in Hamburg. I nearly finshed the skin there and did finish the axe blade. I did build up the base back then. The rest was painted in November last year. I didn't want to invest much time because the skin which is most of the mini was nearly done and done with the wet-blending technique I didn't use since then due to my 2 year painting pause. So I just put some more lights on the skin, softened some colour transitions and painted the rest. The idea for the base came during the workshop when leichtmatrose had some already mixed putty left which he gave to me. I've put it over a bottle of pigment fixer which somehow gave it the form of a tub. With a wee rest I formed the duck the Maulg hides behind his back. So I painted the stuff around his hip as some kind of towel and soaps. He's standing before his tub and protects it, because it's his bath to take and nobody should dare to play with his little some photos and a link to the rest:

I like the colour of the skin and the little duck. I really like the lips and the eyes. The transitions could be smoother and not so chalky in some places. The pattern on the towel is not fine enough for my taste. I ran havoc on the tub with the rust. I dabbed it with colour on a sponge, it was like...dab...dab...dab...dabdab.....dabdabdab.... dabdabdab dabdabdab dabdabdab dabdabdab...ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddab...dab...dab...dab...too much, too much, you took toooo much...but I still like it. I haven't done these kind of effects that often.  The water, the will read about it in the step by step.

The last finished one is a weeeeee halloween boy sculpted by Badsmile years ago. He gave it to me in 2009 and started to paint it in october 2011 and finished it november 2012. Something quick, rough and nothing too fancy. Did try to make him look like it's dark outside and the light comes from the not visible door in front of him. I like how the shadow turned out on the base. I had problems to colour the grass, again a thing I haven't used often yet and which I have to master.  No more words here some pictures and a link to some more:

And finally some WIP pictures of my next project, a pest warrior thingy by TIN:

Not much done, the metallics will get some more washes, rust, lights, damage...something like that. Hope to do it tommorrow, meaning later this day...uahhh so late the flat and making some "Quarkbällchen" is also on my to do list...

 So that's it. Hope you will be back here during the next days to see what the step by step is doing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen